Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
The goal of ALM is to achieve comprehensive process control and coordination across all software development activities.
Talmia's reliable, powerful, and intelligent workflow behaviour transforms the vision of Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) into a practical and achievable reality - making it easy for any software development processes to be fully and automatically enforced.
The diagram below shows a summary of the main areas encompassed by ALM.
The primary benefits of ALM adoption include:
- increased quality, consistency, and repeatability of development processes
- improved work practices, for example:
- higher productivity
- earlier identification and resolution of problems
- more effective stakeholder communication and collaboration
- software development cost savings (e.g. from reduced rework)
The challenges of ALM are to:
- define, agree, enforce, and manage processes across project teams
- achieve consistency across similar projects based on best practice
- achieve continuous process and quality improvements without disrupting project work
Talmia's unique functionality provides the clarity, enforcement, and monitoring necessary to meet these challenges.